Thursday, September 5, 2013

Catching lightening




Have you ever read words on a page, literature of any kind, and you just felt inspired to take some kind of action:

Write.
Photograph.
Sing.
Dance.
Tell someone.
Go somewhere.
Pray.
Read some more.
Just. Do. Something.

And then inspiration fails you as you sit there staring at a blank screen trying to implore said inspiration?

It happens to the best of us.

Sometimes I write something, erase everything I’ve written, and then repeat. I want to dig deep, but sometimes my inspiration takes a hiatus, and I have to do a million and one things to bring her back, so that I can try and come up with something clever.
It’s not pretty.
Coincidentally while I was writing this post, half of it got erased by the decision of my macbook pro to not be so pro, and then my left mouse clicker decided it wanted to be a right mouse clicker and open a menu every single time I clicked, all while being viciously attacked by a fly, also not pretty.


Last night I felt like the world was ending because my daily dose was on vacation for a night. I had to laugh at myself, The world is not ending because you aren’t writing every single day. Get over it!

I cried a little.
Okay, maybe not, but then I realized that I have a life too.

You guys are busy people!
You have people to see.
Kids to raise.
Things to do.
Minutes in your days occupied by others, or yourself, or time.
For example, my brother is in Alaska, and if I wanted to forget that he’s in the middle of devout wilderness, I couldn’t, because my instagram feed is filled with every single second of the amazing Alaskan views he’s soaking in. (I’m slightly jealous Bub, and on a side note, you are missing lots of rain if you didn’t know already.)

I’m hoping to catch some lightening on film, but sometimes it’s unpredictable.

Tomorrow I’m going to do a “Day in the life post”
If you don’t know what it is, you will tomorrow :]

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment