Thursday, September 26, 2013

Laughter

Today I laughed, and I mean really laughed. I have to say it felt good. My dad can always make me laugh.  I have to say some of the things my nephew says reminds me of things my dad says and vice versa. All I can tell you isI needed that laughter. As the week is closing to an end, and I have one more day left in my first week of the RN program, I am realizing just how much grit this thing takes.

It's like you're on your toes even when you aren't on your toes.

Little by little God is providing for me. It's definitely growing my faith and making me feel more humble and thankful. When people give you things you don't deserve, you are grateful. God uses those people and those kind things to fill your cup up, and sometimes it makes you cry.

I purchased six of my books today and thankfully to a kind friend (Jeannie :] ), I was able to work on some of my homework without my other books.

Here are a few life lessons I've learned from nursing school this week.
1. Talk to strangers
2. Let your light shine
3. People might not remember what you said or what you did for them, but they will always remember how you made them feel.

Even thought my life is intensely involved in my studies right now, I love it. I know that those three little life lessons are whispers telling me I am in the right spots at the right times.

Now here is the laugh I have to share with you.
This is my incredibly lovable, supportive, dad. He taught me how to ride my first bike, rushed to the hospital when I broke my arm roller-blading, and made sure I had the best things in life. He is the funniest person I know.




Love,
Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment