Saturday, August 31, 2013

Dear coffee,

I'd like to thank you officially and formally for seeing me through awkward meetings, and of course, the less awkward, down-to-earth moments of life as well.

You never judge me if It's 11 am, and I am only barley gracing the world with my presence. You never mind my primal grunts that form before more intelligent language can construct itself inside my brain, because I can never truly wake up unless I've consumed at least one cup of your delicious, smooth, and aromatic brew.
Even if you're of the decaf kind, the effect is the same. The warmth of the cup I'm holding is enough to do the trick.

To others, it might seem like I am awake, but in reality, I really am not. I can't be held accountable for not recalling conversations that have transpired before said coffee has been consumed. Sorry guys.

Thank you also for your flexibility in being served cold in the summer and warm all year round. You really are great in every season.

Thank you for the early church mornings, (awkward) blind dates, where I usually call my sister right before hand to make sure she knows where I am going, and to also have her encourage me a little, and of course the many game nights with friends, family, and strangers that through sips of coffee, became friends. 

You've been a faithful friend, coffee. 
Many thanks,
Yours truly, 
a faithful coffee drinker,
Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment